For over 30 years, Tim has worked on the island and throughout the state as a veterinarian and consultant for animal industries. He continues to serve on the board of directors for several ranches and is used as an agri-business resource for others.
Tim has served on various cattle industry and veterinary organization boards at a local and national level served as a veterinary industry and agriculture liaison for our elected local, state, and federal representatives and senators and more recently serves on the County of Hawaii Agriculture Advisory Commission, chairing it in 2015. Tim has seen first-hand what it takes to build meaningful partnerships and will continue to use these experiences on the Hawaii County Council.
Currently, Tim serves as Councilman for District 9, in addition he serves in several other leadership roles for Hawaii County.
- Chair of the Committee on Agriculture, Water and Energy Sustainability
- Vice-Chair of the Committee on Environmental Management.
He serves on the NACo Board of Directors; representing Hawai‘i County and the State of Hawai‘i at the national level for the National Association of Counties, an organization to strengthen America's Counties serving 40,000 elected County officials and 3.6 million county employees.
- Member of NACO’s Environment, Energy, and Land Use (EELU) Steering Committee
- Vice-chair of the Water subcommittee of the Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board
- Vice-chair of Parks, Open Spaces, and Trails subcommittee of the Healthy Counties Initiative Advisory Board.