What has Tim been up to in North Kohala?
You asked, Tim Delivered!
- Revitalized Kamehameha Park’s Playground and basketball courts.
- Installed Handicap Accessible Porta-Potty near the Hawi Farmers Market to keep it operating under a Friends of the Park agreement.
- Replaced the lights on Takata field.
- Funded and installed a new water tank and pipe with potable water to reestablish toilets at Ka'apa Park.
- Facilitated and mediated coastal access providing fishing, hala and limu gathering and hiking for all local residents.
- $3,000 NKCRC Provided funding to assist the Kohala Coqui Coalition’s mission to prevent and maintain the prevention of coqui from overtaking Kohala through informational phone lines, advertising, safety supplies, equipment, and repairs, and other supplies.
- $8,300 PARKS AND RECREATION – Purchase and installation of the new poly water tank to resume potable water flow at Kapa ‘a Beach Park.
- $5000 combined funding through Kahua Pa’a Mua, Inc. to partner with Kaiao Ola Integrative Healing, LLC for a multi-school, suicide prevention project entitled Project Reach Out, which is designed to inspire and foster hope and strength in our youth by building pathways, providing educational and informational resources, and bringing motivational speakers and entertainers Partnering with the Kohala Elementary School to expand its Discovery Garden – Farm to School project which brings students, parents and the community into the development of school menus, partnering with local farms and recruiting experts to provide education specific to food and nutrition which teaching self-reliance to youth.
- HAWAI‘I WILDLIFE CENTER $2,500: Supporting programs that promote sustainable development of agriculture, forestry, aquaculture, and other natural resources, including the Wildlife Services Program that provides treatment and food to the native wildlife patients at the Hawai‘i Wildlife Center hospital, medications and diagnostic services, transportation, and maintenance of its hospital and aviaries on Hawai‘i Island.
- (NKRC) $2,500 Funding toward the celebration in North Kohala honoring the Filipino culture and highlighting the Filipino heritage and its contributions to Hawai‘i’s economy, society, and culture.
- $1,000 to offset costs of entertainment, prizes, and food for the 2019 Kohala
- $2,500 provided for expenses relating to the North Kohala Celebration of the Filipino Culture.
- $2,000 to offset costs of entertainment, prizes, and food for the 2019 Kohala High School Project Grad Night in May 2020.
- $2,500 provided for advertising and promotional expenses for the 2020 North Kohala Reunion.
- $2,100 Hamakua Health Center to assist with the Health Wellness and Education Community Outreach in Kohala in June 2019.
- Parks and Rec Elderly activities division $2,000 provided to subsidize a day-long excursion for the North Kohala Senior Citizen program to travel to various points on the east side of Hawai‘i Island.
- $1,300 to install carpet at the Old North Kohala Courthouse for County’s Senior Recreational Activities.
Big shout out to the Maintenance Crew at the County Parks and Recreation Division!! Jason Mattos and his crew have Takata Field at Kamehameha Park in Kohala in its final stages of the infield repair! Grading is done; bases in tomorrow and some plumbing to be completed by Friday. Mahalo Parks and Rec Director Roxy Waltjen and Deputy Maurice Messina for all the support! — at Kamehameha Park.